Namebook is a feature-packed name generation- and reference tool for creative writers, game designers, fiction producers, screenwriters, and just about anyone who is searching for suitable character names. Namebook can be used to generate random names by selecting given- and family names from a large database and additionally allows easy shaping of names by providing many modification parameters to create original and fantastic, new names.
Powerful name generation at your fingertips
Most stories start with a character. And every character needs a good name. With Namebook creating names becomes intuitive and fun. Set your name parameters, choose from any of the included name themes, optionally apply any of the modification options and press the Generate button to be presented with a long list of inspiring names that can be stored for later or used as an inspiration for further modification.
Namebook is the first ever high quality, no cookie-cutter name generation tool for professional use which allows for creative character name generation. With Namebook the challenge of creating convincing character names for your narrative is history from yesterday.
What’s New in Version 1.1.0
Update 1.1.0 provides five new name themes as well as several bug fixes and optimizations.
• New name themes added: Science Fiction, Italian, Spanish, Latin (incl. Roman praenomina, cognomina, and nomina), and Scottish. About 17.000 new names in total.
• Database name fetching is now much faster.
• Optimized the algorithms used in details sheet for altering a name so that they generate more useful combinations more often.
• Fixed bugs in details sheet that occurred with names that have more than one word in given name or family name.
• Fixed bug that sometimes caused previous theme choices to apply even after they’ve been changed.
• Several minor bug fixes and optimizations.